Barilla to invest 1 billion euro

Jun 19, 2018 218

More than one million tons of durum wheat – equal to 90% of the total – directly purchased in the places where pasta is produced; share of sustainable durum wheat purchased in Italy grew by 26%; increasing use of more sustainable transport, from natural gas vehicles to the wheat train, which has so far taken off the roads about 5000 trucks; 26 products reformulated last year; concrete attention to animal welfare, which also in 2017 confirmed Barilla as the leading Italian company in the global benchmark (BBFAW). These are just some of the results illustrated in the Barilla Sustainability Report‘Good for you, Good for the Planet’, presented in Milan during the World Environment Day.

INVESTMENTS

The presentation of the Report was an opportunity to announce investments of one billion euros over the next five years, to be used for further improvement of Barilla’s industrial structure. Approximately 60% of the investment will be aimed at increasing competitiveness and sustainability through improved processes and technologies, while the remaining 40% will be targeted at supporting geographical growth and innovationWe must face the challenges of the coming years in terms of innovation, quality, sustainability, with great commitment and dedication, fully involved in the goal of development, involving all actors in the chain said Vice-President Paolo Barilla.

Read more

SOURCE: https://www.italianfood.net/

You may be interested