Italian restaurant catches fire in Hilltop

Apr 23, 2017 706

BY: Tyler Lahanas

An Italian restaurant in Hilltop neighborhood caught fire Friday night. Denver fire responded just before 6 p.m. to Locanda Del Borgo, located at 3rd and Holly. Flames were coming up the restaurant's chimney. Firefighters quickly got things under control and say no one was hurt.

The restaurant's owner, Giancarlo Macchiarella, says the fire started in a wood fire oven. “We tried to put some flour [on it] and we opened the extinguisher to try to extinguish it, but at this point there was so much built up inside that the whole chimney came on fire,” Macchiarella said.

Read more

SOURCE: http://www.9news.com/

You may be interested