NEWS FROM : USA  

I was having lunch with my friend and colleague Dorie Clark one day when she asked, “Do you know Chris Schembra of the 7:47 Club? If not, You MUST meet him.” I hadn’t met him or heard of him, but when I looked him up, I couldn’t believe my eyes. With a name like the 7:47 Club, I thought maybe he was in the airline business. Nope! Chris curates dinn...

Are two of pop's most successful singers going at it? Madonna finally spoke out about chatter that Lady Gaga is her enemy. In a new interview with British Vogue, Madonna suggested that decade-long rumors of a rivalry between them were blown out of proportion because people wanted to believe them. "People got very excited about [the thought of Lady...

Ovunque Siamo: New Italian American Writing and Ovunque Siamo Press are thrilled to present our inaugural book, Call Me Guido, a collection of short stories by Brooklyn-based writer, Mike Fiorito!  Mike is a frequent contributor to and an ardent supporter of Ovunque Siamo’s mission of building community while curating the written and artistic works...

“La passione per l’italianità all’estero”. È ciò che muove ogni giorno l’informazione che unisce il nostro Paese con le eccellenze sparse per il mondo. E per raccontare queste storie ci vuole una voce e anche un faccia. Mike J. Pilla ci ha messo entrambe e da un anno ha fondato “Patrimonio Italiano Tv“, la web tv degli italiani all’estero, di cui è...

At a recent TransPerfect Retail Forum in New York, Lavazza’s Cataldo De Franco, senior director of e-commerce in North America, described the company’s online expansion into the U.S and the launch of their new e-commerce website coming in mid-May 2019. Lavazza is one of the largest coffee makers in the world and has been selling its premium Italian...

Parmacotto, an Italy-based producer of cooked ham, has entered the North American market through the acquisition of US-based distributor of Italian food products Cibo Italia. Parma-based Parmacotto, established in 1978, has taken a 70% stake in a new US business formed through the deal - also called Parmacotto - with the remaining 30% owned by the...

You can think of modern bowling as a distant cousin of bocce. In England, they have “bowls,” a lawn version of the game using a flattened ball which is rolled like a wheel (bocce balls are always spherical). The Latin word bottia (ball) is the root of the Italian word boccia or bocce. Latin also used the word boulles (balls), hence the name bowls f...

The Prosecco DOC Consortium, the entity that oversees the production of the world’s most popular sparkling wine, is pleased to announce that ‘National Prosecco Week’ will return for its second year from June 3-9, 2019 and will include exclusive events, restaurant and retail promotions and masterclasses for media and trade in New York, Miami, Nashvi...

Why be proud? It’s a question that deserves serious thought and reflection. To begin with, every ethnic, racial and religious group that immigrated to America brought with them a unique set of traditions, customs, values and beliefs that they contributed to America’s collective culture. And for those contributions each group can be justly proud. We...

It is with great pleasure to announce our first honoree for 2019. The IABF is proud to welcome our "2019 IABF Executive" honoree, Natalie Spedaliere. Natalie will be our first female honoree and has been a remarkable addition to the IABF family since joining the foundation. Her dedication to our mission has been extraordinary. Since coming to the I...

MTV may have finally decided to whack its controversial mob-based reality show, “Made in Staten Island.” The reality series only aired three episodes before the cable network mysteriously stopped showing it in February with no explanation. MTV never officially announced the cancellation, and kept the show on its list of series on MTV.com — until...

NIAF is thrilled to present its 2019 Region of Honor: Molise! Situated between the Apennines and Adriatic Sea, Molise is a mountainous region in southern Italy known for its agriculture and industry. Originally part of the Abruzzo-Molise region, Molise separated to become its own region in 1963. Molise is a charming, beautiful region with deep hist...