The New York City Fire Museum officially reopened to the public at 278 Spring Street on 20 August 2026 following a two-year structural renovation. Housed in a 1904 Beaux-Arts firehouse, the institution restored access to its permanent 9/11 Memorial Room just weeks ahead of the 25th anniversary of the terrorist attacks.
The official opening restores direct access to one of North America’s most sacred collections of emergency response history just weeks before the quarter-century solemn milestone. City officials, FDNY leadership, and community members gathered at the historic Spring Street firehouse to celebrate the structural renewal that ensures long-term preservation.