To be awarded to an outstanding teacher of Italian whose greatest qualification is excellence in the classroom. He/she must have also distinguished himself/herself as a promoter of Italian studies both in his/her school and in the community at large. This teacher should be prepared to share the benefits of the award with the students in the classroom and also to disseminate among his/her colleagues what he/she has learned from the time spent attending the Università per Stranieri di Perugia and traveling in Italy.
The 2013 Award will consist of:
• A stipend towards tuition, food and lodging at the Università per Stranieri di Perugia in July of 2013
• A $500 honorarium from AATI.
• $350 award from NYSAFLT toward airfare
• Be a primary or secondary teacher of Italian in New York State, with a minimum of two classes of Italian
• Have a minimum of three years of experience
Be a member of AATI and NYSAFLT. In order to be eligible for the NYSAFLT travel stipend, applicants must be a member of NYSAFLT in good standing and must have been a member for at least three of the past five years.
1. Candidates must submit the attached application with three letters of recommendation that collectively evaluate his or her classroom performance, language ability, and potential benefits;
2. Candidates must also submit an electronic recording in Italian in which he/she has recorded a ten-minute topic that is of a personal nature. This will allow the selection committee members the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the applicant. Candidates may use recording programs such as Audacity, Quicktime, Windows Media Player, etc.
The application form is available in the Members Only area of www.nysaflt.org.
All applications must be submitted online no later than Monday, March 1, 2013. Audio recording and all inquiries should be submitted to:
Rosa Riccio Pietanza, 2041 61st Street, Brooklyn, New York 11204
(718) 256-3223 / (917) 912-5605
Applicants will be notified of their status by March 31, 2013. The award recipient will be recognized at the NYSAFLT Annual Conference in the fall.
The recipient is also strongly encouraged to give back to NYSAFLT by either presenting a workshop at a NYSAFLT or regional conference or writing an article for the NYSAFLT Journal or the NYSAFLT News.
"Il retaggio del Fascismo in Italia": è il tema del seminario che il Westchester Italian C...
The La Famiglia Scholarship committee is pleased to announce the financial aid competition...
Award-winning author and Brooklynite Paul Moses is back with a historic yet dazzling sto...
For the first time ever, The Cathedral of St. John the Divine, in collaboration with the O...
Si intitola Pietra Pesante, ed è il miglior giovane documentario italiano, a detta della N...
Si chiama Emanuele Ceccarelli lo studente del liceo Galvani di Bologna unico italiano amme...
On Sunday, November 17 at 2 p.m., Nick Dowen will present an hour-long program on the life...
The Department of Italian invites you to a lecture by Fulvio S. Orsitto who is an Associat...