ISSNAF - Italian Scientists and Scholars in North America Foundation and La Fondazione NY are pleased to announce the 2015 ISSNAF – La Fondazione NY Award for the Humanities. The award acknowledges the research of young Italian scholars in North America whose commitment to their discipline of study is innovative and honors their country of origin.
ISSNAF and La Fondazione NY encourage all Italian researchers born after April 1970 and currently working primarily in the United States or Canada to apply.
The 2015 ISSNAF – La Fondazione NY Award for the Humanities will acknowledge the best unpublished manuscript of a volume in English dealing with the following area of research: Cinema Studies and Performing Arts
Finalists will present their manuscripts during a symposium held at the Center for Italian Studies at the University of Pennsylvania in October/November 2015 (date TBD). The winner will receive the Medal of Representation of the Italian President of the Republic, a monetary prize of $1,500, and a publishing contract. All finalists' abstracts will be published on www.issnaf.org.
Step 1: A Review Board composed of renowned scholars, editors and critics will review all applications and select up to ten finalists. The decisions of the Review Board are final.
Step 2: Finalists will receive a notification with instructions on how to send the completed manuscript.
Step 3: A Jury composed of renowned scholars, editors and critics will review the finalists' completed work and select the winner at the symposium to be held at the Center for Italian Studies at the University of Pennsylvania during the month of October/November 2015 (date TBD). The decision of the Jury is final.
Eligibility: Italian scholars (Ph.D.) born after April 1970 and currently working primarily with public or private cultural or academic Institutions in the United States or Canada
· Applications must include: an updated Curriculum Vitae (including full contact details, academic record, titles of prior publications, author's work citations or reviews and other scholarly achievements, awards, and projects); 2 reference letters; the research abstract (max 1000 words) and one significant chapter of the manuscript
· Applications, reference letter, CV, research abstracts, and manuscripts must be written in English
· Applications must be in .doc or .pdf format (one file per full application max 1MB)
· Applications that are not complete will not be considered.
· Applications ONLY (no complete manuscript) may be emailed to HumanitiesAward@issnaf.org
· All applications must be submitted by June 20, 2015
· The Review Board will select finalists and send instructions to present the full manuscript (Step 2) by July 20, 2015
· The Review Board will select winners (Step 3) by September 20, 2015
· The Jury will select winners during the symposium to be held at the Center for Italian Studies at the University of Pennsylvania in October/November 2015
· The Award will be presented the same day of the selection
For more information about the application process write to email@example.com
For more information about ISSNAF and the awards go to www.issnaf.org
For more information La Fondazione NY go to www.lafondazioneny.org
The La Famiglia Scholarship committee is pleased to announce the financial aid competition...
Si chiama Emanuele Ceccarelli lo studente del liceo Galvani di Bologna unico italiano amme...
By Tom Davidson When Dominic "Hawk" Santia was a boy, he'd tag along with his fat...
Saturday, October 24, 10-12 AM in EDT, 1026 Public Ledger Building – 150 South Indepe...
AGENDA 12.00 – 12.15 Light lunch12.15 – 12.30Welcome addresses Lorenzo Mannelli, MD, PhD...
The Department of Italian invites you to a lecture by Fulvio S. Orsitto who is an Associat...
by Melody Asper Hanover's newest restaurant may seem like an old friend to anyone...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS - JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE: World Language Teacher - Italian...